Have you ever wanted to visit a place so far, yet so beautiful? The distance didn’t matter as long as you are there? Well, here’s a story from Vanie who had an amazing trip to Buscalan, Kalinga, because why not?
You can even get a tattoo from the famous, Apo Whang-Od! How cool is that?
Vanie actually did! Buscalan, Kalinga had been a part of her bucket list for a while and so when she had a chance, she grabbed it! With a group package, the group went on this escapade on Sept 9 – 11, 2016.
Just like a usual itinerary, it started from EDSA. They met at McDonald’s and it just went straight to Kalinga. It took them about 15 hours to reach their destination.
They left at 12 midnight. There were stopovers, they passed by Banaue terraces, had a nice accommodation in Buscalan when they arrived at 10 PM. Their package also includes dinner and breakfast., which is nice.
She did a lot of research and found overwhelming information. Despite that, she still decided to go. While going up the mountains, it was very tiring. She almost fainted. Mind you, it was very sunny, so you can imagine how exhausting that was. Although she doesn’t hike, it only took her less than 2 hours to reach the top. At night, it was good. They also had electricity to use.
Reasons she loves Buscalan, Kalinga:
- Mountains and Chico River is seen from the road.
- It was such a beautiful scenery.
- People there have a simple life. They are farming too.
- The place is so relaxing and quiet.
- I like seeing the locals mingle amongst themselves
- They have good brewed coffee.
Things she didn’t like:
- Some visitors are not even respectful of the surroundings.
- It is a place of peace but some are too noisy and drinks too much. They disturb the locals.
She recommends Byaherong Barat if you like great packages and awesome tips. They are very accommodating and they are assisted by a good driver. The van is clean. There was no hassle.
- Pack light.
- Do your research.
- Be motivated.
- Know the Do’s and Dont’s.
Most of all, have fun!